The bathroom is one of the most frequented rooms in your home, so the decision surrounding what toilet to use can be an important one. Perhaps you are considering joining one of the most recent trends in the American bathroom: a tankless toilet. These are a low-cost, environmentally safe alternative to standard toilets. If such an option appeals to you, then perhaps you should consider the Duravit 2225090092 Toilet Bowl Wall Mounted Starck 3.
The Starck 3 represents an opportunity to give your bathroom a touch of modern elegance, taking advantage of its sleek, minimalist profile. It features a dual-flush system that boasts low water use, which leaves it having a positive environmental impact. You can also make the choice to get your model with a WonderGliss ceramic finish, which helps your toilet repel mold and other potentially harmful residues.
- Why we like it: Its installation is easy and to the point and the hardware will be concealed once you have everything installed.
The benefits of a wall-mounted toilet
The use of residential wall-mounted toilets is becoming quite the trend in the United States. When you consider the list of potential advantages that comes with using one in your home, it becomes easy to understand why. Here are some of the top reasons that you should consider a wall mounted toilet:
● Space—the minimalist design of the Starck 3 is not only visually compelling, it also saves you valuable space in one of the smallest areas of your home: the bathroom!
● Easy to clean—because it doesn’t touch the floor, you can say goodbye to the days of cleaning that difficult spot behind the toilet.
● Universal height—one of the most personal aspects of the Starck 3 is that it can be installed at a height that best suits you!
Water use can often be among a household’s most wasteful characteristics. Of all the water used in your home, your bathroom likely accounts for half! Your toilet individually contributes to a quarter of that water use, giving it the potential to be a big water waster. In fact, certain older models of toilets can use over five gallons of water every time they’re flushed.
However, the Starck 3 is among the newer lines of toilets that are forced to adhere to a new federal standard of 1.6 gallons per flush. With the dual-flush feature, you can even choose to use only eight tenths of a gallon for every flush!
How exactly do the benefits of a low-flow toilet impact you, though?
As we mentioned before, the Starck 3 can use as little as eight tenths of a gallon of water to flush. Compare this with the five plus gallons that older toilets so often use. When you consider the fact that the average household toilet is flushed five or six times a day, it becomes apparent that the Starck 3 has the potential to save you a couple dozens of gallons of water per day. How much will it save you in a week, a month, or a year?
This reduced water use is not only great news for the environment, but it is also sure to lessen the impact that your toilet has on your wallet as well.
Making the switch: the pros and cons
The toilet you purchase is one of the more important decisions you will make for your home. It is a choice that comes with no shortage of necessary considerations. When it comes to the Starck 3, here are the pros and cons:
- Space—a wall-mounted toilet is smaller than traditional toilets, saving you space in what is so often the smallest room in a home.
- Appearance—these toilets feature a beautiful, streamlined profile that give a contemporary look to your bathroom.
- Time—due to their use of an electric pump, tankless toilets refill more quickly than standard toilets, allowing for more frequent use—great for big households or guests!
- Saving Water—the low-flow flushing of the ToTo CT418FG is sure not only to reduce your impact on the environment, but also to lessen the impact of your toilet on your wallet!
- Customizability—this wall-mounted toilet allows you to select the height at which your toilet seat rests.
- Installation—the process of installing and maintaining a tankless toilet can be somewhat complex.
- The Starck 3 does not come with a toilet seat, which must be purchased separately.
Selecting the right toilet for your home can be difficult. You want something that is simple, visually appealing, easy to clean, and cost-efficient. If you can afford to get all of those characteristics in a toilet that is also beneficial to the environment and opens up space in your bathroom, then the choice seems simple. With the Duravit 2225090092 Toilet Bowl Wall Mounted Starck 3, you can expect to experience these benefits in your bathroom.