The Kohler San Souci toilet is a great option for those who don’t want to spend a long period of time cleaning. It features a one-piece integrated design that allows the user to clean both in and around the bowl and base with ease.
This toilet is ideal for smaller bathrooms since it has a smaller than normal round front bowl rather than a large oblong one. This can easily fit in the corner of a bathroom, creating more space for other necessities. Not only that, but it has a low-profile design, allowing children to use it with ease. It can also be closed quietly thanks to the quiet-close lid that attaches with the quick-attach hardware that’s included with the purchase.
To top it off, the San Souci has an AquaPiston Canister, making it part of a variety of power flush toilets. This design allows the bowl to take in water from a whole 360 degrees with ease. This is ideal for those strict EPA guidelines. It consumes 20% less water than the average 1.6-gallon toilets, saving a whopping 16,500 gallons per year.
- Why we like it: The best feature this toilet has to offer is the use of an AquaPiston canister because it allows for 360° water flow—this increases the toilet’s flushing power and effectiveness.
The Importance of Water Conservation
As much as 70% of the Earth consists of water. Unfortunately, there are many parts of the world that have a shortage of clean water. Conserving water is what helps keep the water pure, all while protecting the environment.
So what exactly is so much water used for?
● Growing food
● Protecting the ecosystem and wildlife
● Flushing toilets
Sure, we use water every day in countless ways, but there are ways we can conserve it, especially when it comes to flushing the toilet. Our water supply is already limited as it is, so conserving it in any little way is extremely helpful.
Not only does the conservation of water help the environment, but it also saves energy and money. By making smarter choices in the home, you can help reduce the amount of water that is used by more than half. This will also have an impact on your water bill at home if you have one.
The Kohler brand is one that you will see in almost every department store that sells appliances. They have been around for decades and bring you a brand and products you can trust, such as the San Souci one-piece toilet.
The San Souci has a double canister design that exposes 90% less seal than other toilets. It boasts a three-inch flapper for maximum leak-free usage. As mentioned earlier, it conserves upwards of 16,500 gallons of water yearly compared to a 3.5-gallon toilet. This equals to a large quantity of water being saved annually.
What exactly is the AquaPiston? The AquaPiston is essentially a fancy flapper. It is different from a traditional flapper because it can get in the way of the water trying to get down the hole to flush the toilet. The AquaPiston is a tower that rises vertically that allows the water to descend into the bowl with maximum flushing force using only 1.28 gallons of water per flush.
Installing the Kohler San Souci is a breeze. Since it is just one unit, you don't have to worry about connecting the tank to the bowl. It comes with quick attach hardware that allows you to easily connect the toilet seat to the bowl and the toilet to the floor. It also comes with a quick-tight rubber bumper for an even more aesthetically pleasing look.
● Convenience- This is a one-piece design that connects the tank and bowl into one. This makes for much easier installation and maintenance.
● Quiet- Comes equipped with a quiet-close lid. This is ideal for those who like to slam the lid down, which could make a lot of noise, especially at night.
● Conservative- Meets strict EPA guidelines.
● Water Saver- Saves up to 16,500 gallons of water annually.
● Sleek- Has a sleek low profile design.
● Compact- The Compact design allows it to fit in even the smallest bathrooms.
● Great Design- The leak-free performance due to the design of the canister.
● Better Flapper- The AquaPiston allows water to flow in from 360 degrees to increase flushing power.
● Aesthetically Pleasing- It comes in a variety of colors.
● Sticky Handle-The handle can stick, leaving the toilet to run nonstop. This can cause the toilet to actually use more water rather than save it.
● Not Flushing-Wastewater may not completely go down.
● Noisy-The metal chain rattles inside when flushing.
This compact toilet may not be the perfect fit for everybody, but it is quite frankly a good choice for those who are looking to save water while not breaking the bank. It boasts many features and offers many conveniences. The Kohler San Souci toilet is a product to consider when looking for something for water conservation and ease of use.