The Saniflo Saniplus is a macerating toilet that breaks up your waste before sending it to the sewer. Macerating toilets are excellent toilets and don’t require cutting any holes into the ground of your bathroom. Instead, the macerator pump flushes water through the back of the toilet in a pump with a macerator, and then through your wall to the sewer.
This Saniplus works the same way as the Saniplus 002/087/005, except this version of the same model includes the round front toilet bowl instead of the elongated bowl. Many people do enjoy the comfort of the elongated bowl more. However, elongated toilet bowls won’t fit in very small bathrooms. That’s why Saniflo also created this round front version. The toilet still has a sleek look to it and will fit well with all your other bathroom fixtures and décor.
- Why we like it: The toilet’s 1.6 gallons per flush rating ensures that it is water saving and meets federal water use standards.
The higher price range of this toilet is warranted by its exceptional performance. The stainless-steel blades of the macerator make it useful for breaking down waste and toilet paper into a slurry substance before pumping it through the back into the sewer. The 1.6 GPF rating also makes this toilet water-efficient. It’s not part of the WaterSense certification, but the GPF rating is still better than many other toilets of its kind. Comparing it to the 3 or more gallons per flush from other toilets, this toilet will save you water and money. The pump operates at 10PSI, which makes this powerful enough to pump out all of the waste with one flush.
Besides these features, another advantage that the Saniplus has over its competitors is the ADA certification. They received this certification because of their Comfort Height toilet bowl. Comfort height toilets sit taller than the standard height bowls. This makes sitting down on and standing up from the toilet more comfortable.
Another fantastic benefit of this macerating system is how many extra fixtures you can hook up to this pump. The Saniplus pump can connect with any Upflush toilet, sink, shower, and bathtub. You can connect your entire bathroom to this system with ease. Out of all the different types of toilet systems on the market, the Saniflo Saniplus is a top-rated macerating toilet.
How this macerating toilet works
This macerating toilet works precisely the same as Liberty Ascent II’s “RSW” model. The only difference between models is that this model has an elongated toilet bowl. In general, a macerating toilet is different from a standard toilet. With a standard toilet, it flushes the waste and water gravitationally downward where it continues down and out to the sewer. With a macerating toilet, waste and water are discharged out of the back of the toilet into the macerator.
Here’s how the Saniplus operates:
Activate the flush, and the water flowing into the Saniplus activates a microswitch in the pressure chamber. This starts the motor.
- A spindle drives the impeller which holds and spins the macerator blades at 3600 RPM.
- Water and organic waste matter enter the chamber and are broken down by the blades.
- The centrifugal force ejects the reduced solids through a grill into the container.
- The waste from the container is picked up by the impeller pump.
- The pump (at 10 PSI) pumps the waste upward as much as 12 feet and horizontally as much as 150 feet.
- The Saniplus will also discharge greywater from all of your other bathroom fixtures.
How to install the Saniflo Saniplus
The installation of this toilet system is simple. Follow along with the installation manual that comes with the unit. Here are the general install instructions:
- The pump is connected to the spigot of a horizontal outlet toilet
- Then you connect the toilet tank to the water supply.
- Connect the pump to the small diameter discharge pipework.
- Finally, connect the macerating pump to the electrical supply.
- The optional step with any Saniflo macerating system is to connect the discharge pipes from the sink, shower, and bathtub. You can connect almost any bathroom fixture to this system.
● Connect every bathroom fixture to the pump with ease.
● Comfort Height - The toilet bowl sits higher than all other standard height bowls.
● No floor holes - There is no need for any holes in the ground to install this system.
● High-quality macerator - Stainless-steel blades at 3600 RPM is high-quality.
● Easy installation - The install process is straightforward.
● To hide the macerator inside the wall, you must purchase an extension pipe.
● The toilet seat is not included with this toilet.
● Some prefer the elongated toilet bowl rather than the round front toilet bowl.
The features of this macerating toilet system make the Saniplus a winner. The stainless-steel blades and the beautiful and compact style are excellent. On top of that, the ADA certified Comfort Height is the perfect addition to this unit. Overall, if you want a high-quality macerating toilet from an exceptional brand, the Saniflo Saniplus is a great choice.