Bathrooms are one of the most-frequently renovated rooms in a household, and the decision to purchase a new toilet leaves any homeowner with numerous options. However, one of the surging themes in modern bathrooms is that of toilets with no tank: a low-cost, environmentally safe alternative to standard toilets. If such an option appeals to you, then the Toto CT418FGNo.01 Aquia Wall-Hung Dual-Flush Toilet is an option worth heavy consideration.
The Toto CT418FGNo.01 Aquia Wall-Hung Dual-Flush Toilet is a sleek, contemporary floating toilet that makes an excellent addition to any home’s bathroom. Its dual-flush system allows for minimal water consumption, thus reducing its environmental impact. It features a SanaGloss ceramic finish, which greatly reduces the amount of potentially harmful bacteria that can attach itself to the surface of your toilet.
Toto CT418FGNo.01 Aquia
- Why we like it: It features a SanaGloss ceramic finish, which greatly reduces the amount of potentially harmful bacteria that can attach itself to the surface of your toilet.
It features several installation options, including the simple attachment to an existing ToTo in-wall tank system. This variability allows the ToTo CT418FG to cater itself perfectly to your bathroom.
Advantages of a wall-hung toilet
Wall-mounted toilets are becoming increasingly popular in the United States. With all the advantage that come with them, this is no surprise. Here is just a handful of reasons that a wall-hung toilet may be the best fit for your home:
● Space—because of the stripped-down nature of a wall-mounted toilet, they can save you an incredible amount of space in a room that already tends to be on the smaller side! The average distance between the wall and the tip of a wall-mounted toilet is about a foot, which can make a considerable amount of difference in a more compact bathroom.
● Easy to clean—with a wall-mounted toilet, your toilet will no longer make contact with the floor of your bathroom. Because of this, the often-dreaded task of cleaning the space below and behind your toilet becomes as easy as cleaning any flat surface.
● Universal height—when you utilize the services of a wall-mounted toilet, you are given a benefit that is not available to owners of standard toilets: you can choose the height of the seat!
Also, practicalities aside, a wall-mounted toilet can bring an elegant, sleek sense of modernism to your bathroom that simply cannot be afforded by a standard toilet. When you consider all of the practical benefits of the wall-mounted toilet, this stylistic bonus really is just that: a bonus!
Did you know that just under half of a household’s water use originates in the bathroom? Among that amount of water used, the toilet typically accounts for about a quarter. Some toilets can use a ghastly amount of water, depending on their age. Some of the older models can waste over five gallons per flush!
The ToTo CT418FG, however, is among the new models of toilets that have to adhere to a new federal standard of 1.6 gallons per flush.
So, how does that comparison pan out in the long run?
Well, as mentioned previously, the ToTo CT418FG will only use about one and a half gallons of water per flush. Older toilets, on the other hand, can waste as much as five or six gallons per flush. Then, take into account the fact that the average toilet is flushed somewhere around 5-6 times per day. When you consider the amount of flushes in a week, a month, a year? It becomes immediately apparent that a low-flow toilet such as the ToTo CT418FG will not only positively impact the environment, but also your wallet!
When you consider the amount of water that you are saving by making the switch to a newer toilet such as the ToTo CT418FG, the decision to switch is made easy! It will allow you to do the right thing for the environment at the same time as saving yourself money.
Making the switch: the pros and cons
Regardless of what kind of toilet you’re looking to get, replacing your toilet comes with a lot of factors to consider. When it comes to the ToTo CT418FG, here are the pros and cons:
- Space—a wall-mounted toilet is smaller than traditional toilets, saving you space in what is so often the smallest room in a home.
- Appearance—these toilets feature a beautiful, streamlined profile that give a contemporary look to your bathroom.
- Time—due to their use of an electric pump, tankless toilets refill more quickly than standard toilets, allowing for more frequent use—great for big households or guests!
- Saving Water—the low-flow flushing of the ToTo CT418FG is sure not only to reduce your impact on the environment, but also to lessen the impact of your toilet on your wallet!
- Customizability—this wall-mounted toilet allows you to select the height at which your toilet seat rests.
- Installation—the process of installing and maintaining a tankless toilet can be somewhat complex.
If you are looking to make the switch when it comes to your toilet, look no further than the Toto CT418FGNo.01 Aquia Wall-Hung Dual-Flush. It’s sleek, it’s easy to clean, and it helps you to do your part for the environment while saving some cash.