Every person is different, but there are some things that every human needs; one of those things is a toilet. And if you need to have it, you might as well make it a good one, right?
Well, “good” doesn’t quite cover the TOTO Neorest 550H; perhaps “grand” is a better word. One might consider this the monarch of toilets with its glossy finish, sleek and minimal design, automatic flushing, and hygienic washlet. Toilets of this style are frequently used in various areas around eastern Asia, and now they are becoming more available to have in homes in other countries such as the United States. In fact, the Neorest is a best-selling ceramic toilet on Best Toilet Guide.
All the stops were pulled out in the designing of this toilet, and it shows. If you are looking for the cheapest and most basic option, don’t bother with this one; but if you are looking for a real high-efficiency treasure to add to your bathroom, read on.
TOTO MS982CUMG#01 Neorest 550H
- Why we like it: This toilet features the bran’s E-water + disinfectant system and incorporates their cyclone flushing system along with it.
The silky-smooth SanaGloss glaze unique to the TOTO brand serves several functions that really set it apart from traditional porcelain toilet finishes.
● It slicks off any particles that try to stick to its surface.
● It functions as an ionized barrier that actually repels particles away from it.
● It cleans the toilet bowl thoroughly with every flush.
● It significantly reduces the need to clean the toilet bowl, creating less work for you.
● It keeps your toilet looking brand-new year after year of use.
● It resists even the calcium buildup that is common around edges of most toilet bowls.
● It gives a smooth, glossy look to the toilet, especially in Cotton White.
The innovative SanaGloss is definitely a game-changer that can make your life easier and, well, cleaner. The ceramic surface aids in keeping the toilet sanitary.
Auto flushing power
When it comes to researching or buying toilets, perhaps one of the most important factors to consider is how well it flushes, and how it flushes. If this is a priority for you, you’ll want to know that the TOTO Neorest is a highly-rated power flush toilet. That’s right, power flush – it is completely automatic.
● It has a cyclone siphon jet flushing system and is ultra-high efficiency.
● You can choose between a partial flush (0.8 GPF) or a full flush (1 GPF).
● The unit flushes automatically.
● The toilet pre-mists the bowl surface before being used, which aids in thorough waste elimination.
● TOTO’s innovative eWater+ disinfectant system mists the bowl after flushing with electrolyzed water – a proven disinfectant.
This toilet brings the best of both worlds by providing high-efficiency water usage without sacrificing flushing power. On top of that, the fact that it is all done automatically cuts down on germs – and helps out those who may be more forgetful. The eWater disinfecting system along with the SanaGloss ensures that your toilet will stay pristine, even if you don’t clean it all that regularly.
The SanaGloss and great cyclone siphon jet flushing system are just the beginning of what this toilet design has to offer. It also boasts:
● Washlet cleansing with three different modes (front, rear, and soft)
● An easy-to-read, wall-mounted remote control
● A heated seat (note: the heated seat stays on all the time unless the toilet is in power save mode, in which case the heat turns on based on the most active times of use)
● Lid that automatically opens when you approach to use it, and automatically closes after flushing
The TOTO Neorest steps up the game with its modern technology and design, giving you an experience that’s luxurious, comfortable, and clean. Honestly, once you have tried this toilet, you will not want to go back to “normal”.
● The powerful, high-efficiency flushing system that only uses up to 1 gallon per flush
● Automatic flushing technology
● eMist spray that disinfects the bowl after each flush, reducing your overall cleaning time
● The cleansing washlet with three direction options
● SanaGloss glazing that keeps the toilet clean and resists sticking
● A convenient remote control and comfortable heated seat
● Great option for individuals with disabilities or difficulty using their hands
● Expensive – this is one of the priciest toilets on the market
● Requires the toilet area to be wired
● The setup and installation process can be challenging – the included instructions are difficult to use, and it may be necessary to have it done by a professional
If it is comfort and luxury you are looking for, this will be a hard option to pass up. Although it may not be easy on the wallet, it has everything to make your experience comfortable and your bathroom stylish, including a refreshing washlet. What’s more, you can count on this reliable piece lasting you for years into the future with proper care. TOTO really put their best into the Neorest, and if you are someone who likes the best, it is certainly worth giving consideration to.