If you’re looking for a high-end toilet that will make you look forward to going to the bathroom, this Toto Washlet G500 is an excellent choice. It is brought to you by Toto, one of the premiere manufacturers of toilets. This toilet has an integrated tank, so it has a design similar to other one piece toilets. The look is sleek and low profiled that will look good in nearly any bathroom.
Because this is a high-end toilet, it has amenities that you might not expect. It truly takes a mundane experience and elevates it to a true spa experience. To truly understand, let us walk you through a typical toilet experience with the Toto Washlet G500.
First, as you approach, the lid automatically opens. You sit down onto warmed seats at a temperature that you’ve set from 82 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit. While you’re doing your business, an automatic fan comes on, deodorizing the air. When you’re done, a bidet springs into action, rinsing you clean with warm water. The water is set at your preferred temperature, anywhere from 86 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Why we like it: A dual max flushing system lets the toilet choose between a water-saving 0.9 gallon flush and a more powerful 1.28 gallon flush.
After the bidet gently cleans you, a warm air dryer comes on. The warm air ranges from 104 to 138 degrees Fahrenheit, ensuring a quick and pleasant drying. You stand up and the toilet automatically flushes, using only 1.28 gallons of water. As you walk away, the toilet seat softly closes as it waits for you to come back.
It might seem like science fiction, but you can truly use the bathroom without ever touching yourself or the toilet.
Talking About Bidets
When we talk about bidets, you might worry that they aren’t safe or sanitary. However, nothing could be farther from the truth. Let’s explain and cover some of the more common questions:
● How Sanitary Is This? – A bidet is remarkably sanitary. For this model, the nozzle hides away out of sight until it is time to be used. It is then cleaned before and after it dispenses the water. Then it tucks back out of sight once more.
● Is it Better Than Toilet Paper? – Toilet paper is expensive and messy. When your hands get dirty, you wash with water instead of smearing the dirt around with a paper towel, right? And water doesn’t aggravate hemorrhoids like wiping with toilet paper can. Additionally, a single roll of toilet paper can cost about a dollar per roll, or even more if you don’t buy in bulk. And single-use paper products are bad for the environment.
● Are Bidets Messy? – A bidet isn’t like a super soaker 5000 aimed at your undercarriage. It’s more like a water fountain that you can adjust the pressure and temperature of. The Toto model here allows you to set your bidet water temperature from 86 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Skinny Behind Dual Flush Toilets
Dual flush toilets are a great way to save even more water over standard high-efficiency toilets. While nearly every high efficiency toilet uses 1.28 gallons per flush, dual flush toilets let you use even less. A dual flush toilet has two options. One is a “half flush” which uses less water and is used for liquid wastes or quick flushing. The full flush is for solids and uses the full 1.28 gallons.
You may wonder how efficient a toilet can be when it uses only about a gallon of water to flush, but modern high efficiency toilets use some tricks of physics to enhance the cleaning power. For the Toto line of toilets, they use something called Tornado Flush.
This uses two nozzles that are on opposite sides of the bowl that are angled almost horizontally. As the water comes out, it is forced to swirl around the bowl instead of just falling straight in. This gives it extra velocity and cleaning power.
● Pre-warmed seat that adjusts to you
● Hands free operation from beginning to end
● Elongated front bowl makes seating more comfortable for everyone
● Dual-Max flush uses Toto’s Tornado Flush system for high efficiency while using only 1.28 gallons per flush
● CeFiOntect ceramic glaze provides a smooth surface where solid waste won’t stick
● Automatic air deodorizer and air purifier
● The price of a Toto Washlet can be a little prohibitive for some people
● Your friends are going to want to use this toilet all the time
If you’re in search of a high end toilet that is going to turn your bathroom visits into a luxury spa experience, you could do a lot worse than this Toto Washlet G500. With hands free operation from start to finish combined with perks like a preheated seat, automatic flushing, and a built in air freshener, this toilet is one heck of an upgrade. If you want to look at other high end toilets, we have you covered with reviews and suggestions here too.