If you are looking for a toilet that you can use both on-the-grid and off-the-grid, the Villa 9215 AC/DC is a great choice. This composting toilet is ahead of its time and offers every connection and part you need to get this going out-of-the-box. Some composting toilets require many extra components for them to be useful, but the Villa 9215 from Separett has you covered. Keep reading to find out what’s included in your package and how easy it is to set up this composting toilet.
The Villa 9215 AC/DC composting toilet is the most advanced, trouble-free composting toilet available for off-the-grid living. It surpasses the features and quality of its competitors and offers an all-in-one solution to your composting needs.
Villa 9215 Toilet
- Why we like it: This eco toilet may be on the pricey side, but you won’t have to worry about any odor issues with this one.
The Villa 9215 is the 2018 model that has replaced all other Villa models. It supports both AC and DC power which means you can use this both on-grid and off-grid. The AC power allows you to use standard household hookups for power, while the DC power function enables you to use either battery power or solar power.
The single-speed fan vents up to 20 feet, and all parts are included that are required for direct venting and drain application. This toilet comes with 10 compostable bags and one waste container with a lid.
Unlike other composting toilets, the Villa 9215 has a separate area that catches urine in a drain to can be plumbed to a holding tank or grey water system. This allows you to keep your urine separate from all other waste, which helps the composting process. Added urine slows the composting process because it dampens the compost and cools it down. When composting, it’s essential to keep the compost warm to break it down into usable compost.
With a five-year guarantee on manufacturing defects and a three-year guarantee on the fan, this composting toilet makes for an excellent choice for any off-the-grid setup.
Complete off-the-grid setup
The Villa 9215 AC/DC offers a complete off-the-grid setup, which is enticing for people all over the world. If you are living off-the-grid, you can power this toilet with its DC setup and start composting immediately. If you do want to set this up on-grid with household hookups, the Villa 9215 also supports AC power.
This composting toilet offers full functionality following the first setup. Whether you are using this in a shed, an RV or trailer, or a completely off-the-grid setting, you can use this toilet wherever you live.
How easy is the setup?
Right out of the box, it only takes a short amount of time to set up this toilet. The entire toilet is already assembled (minus the connections and tubes), and all that is required is following the included instructions to hook up the included connections to get started. From there, it’s as easy as hooking up the power to your battery, solar panel, or household plug to start the fan function.
Here’s what the package includes:
● 6-foot urine drain hose
● Bag of 10 compostable waste bags
● Compostable waste bucket with lid
● Vent tube
● Vent tube adapters
● Vent tube insect screen
● Template for cutout positioning
● Rear-mounting bracket
● Inside support
● 2 screws and an Allen wrench
● Extra screws for floor mounting
● Insulating strip
The setup of all of these parts are explained in the instruction manual and can be used to set up this toilet in many different ways. There are multiple ways of setting up this toilet in a variety of different settings, making this toilet able to get working anywhere you are.
● On-grid and off-grid setup - You can use either AC or DC power to set up this composting toilet in any situation.
● Everything is included - Everything you need from vent tubes to brackets to screws to Allen wrench is included in the package.
● Urine-diverting tube - This helps divert urine from your compost pile, resulting in faster composting times and ease of use.
● Easy setup - The instruction manual explains everything you need to set this up successfully.
● Well made - This toilet is very well-made by the Separett brand, and they have excellent product support for all their toilets.
● Extra parts needed in some cases - In certain circumstances, like an RV or trailer with a high roof, you will need to purchase additional parts like an extension for the vent tube or an extension tube for the urine hose.
If you are looking for a composting toilet setup you can use right out of the box with minimal configuration required, this is a top-of-the-line solution. Separett has made it a point to offer as much as they can when it comes to their composting toilets. With the ability to use this on the grid or off and the inclusion of everything you need, the Villa 9215 AC/DC is a solid choice.