Shopping for a new toilet is something that nobody wants to spend a lot of time on. Most people prefer to just pick one and be done with it. But we don’t advise that, because you’re going to be spending about three hours per week with whatever you choose. That means that you should pick something that’s comfortable, easy to clean, and has no problem handling whatever you dish out. This WoodBridge T-0033 toilet is all of that and more.
The WoodBridge T-0033 is an amazingly sleek model that has a clean modern design that fits in with nearly any décor you could choose. The seat and bowl are both elongated, which makes for a more comfortable perch when you’re handling your business. But despite the long shape, the dual flush system is able to deal with anything you give it.
- Why we like it: This toilet is also ADA compliant. That’s a fancy way of saying that it has a seat height that makes it easier to sit down and get up.
A dual flush system uses two different amounts of water; for normal liquid waste, you use the low flush, which uses 1 gallon of water to rinse everything out. For the more bulky problems, you use the high flush system, which uses 1.6 gallons. This might seem like a lot, but remember that your traditional older toilets use anywhere from 5 to 7 gallons per flush. That is a lot of water you’re saving.
This toilet is also ADA compliant. That’s a fancy way of saying that it has a seat height that makes it easier to sit down and get up. This toilet’s seat is at about the same level as a normal chair, so if you’re older or you have mobility issues, sitting down and getting up is actually a lot easier.
What’s so Good About a Dual Flushing Systems?
At the heart of it all, a dual flush system is designed to save water. That means it’s going to save you money in the long run. Like we said, if you’re replacing an older toilet made before the late 80s, you’re looking at a toilet that used about 5 gallons of water per flush.
Let’s look at the math of the thing then.
● On average, one person flushes five times per day. So an average family of four will flush 20 times per day.
● Each flush of the old toilet used 5 gallons of water, so 100 gallons per day.
● Each flush of the new dual flush system averages out to flush 1.28 gallons for a daily total of 25.6 gallons.
● That means each day, you’re now saving nearly 75 gallons of water.
● Over a year (365 days) that’s a total of 27,156 gallons you’ve saved.
● Average cost of water from a city system is between $8 and $15 for a thousand gallons.
● That means the yearly savings ranges from $217.25 to $407.34 for a family of four.
What is Siphon Flushing?
When it comes to dual flush and low-flow toilets, they either use gravity systems or a siphon flush system. Both are pretty handy at taking care of business and making sure that everything is taken care of. Where gravity assisted systems just dump water in and flush things out, siphons add a little pressure to the mix.
What happens is that a small pocket is molded into the front of the bowl that is aimed right at the drain. This holds a bit of extra water that just waits for the magic to happen. When you flush, the flushing water forms a vacuum and pulls the stored water out of the pocket, adding a little bit of extra oomph. This gives a bit of extra action to the flush.
How effective is this? It’s effective enough that in tests done by the University of Washington on siphon assisted toilets, they were able to get one brand to handle 40 feet of toilet paper in one go. That’s a fairly impressive amount of power.
● Sleek and modern design uses an elongated bowl for more comfort
● Soft closing lid prevents a loud clatter after use
● Dual flush design can potentially save hundreds of dollars
● Comfort height seating means that it is easier to sit and get up for adults and the handicapped
● Dual Flush systems take getting used to, so people may flush twice or more, negating some of the savings
● Comfort height seating can be daunting for young children
We have gathered a list of the best toilets to buy and this WoodBridge dual flush model is definitely one of the top choices. With a dual flush system that offers cost savings and efficiency, coupled with siphon assisted flushing to make the most of what water is used, you don’t have to worry about anything you put in here. Add in the sleek design and the comfortable seat and soft closing lid design and you have something that every member of your family will be proud to use.