Many people are searching for water-saving toilets because of a couple of reasons. The first reason is that they want to save water which is eco-friendly and saves the world one less gallon at a time. The second reason is that the savings in water also directly correlates to the savings in their wallet. This American Standard toilet is an excellent choice for those wanting to save water and money at the same time. Keep reading to find out more about this water-saving toilet and what features and benefits it can provide for you.
The American Standard H2Option Siphonic Dual Flush Toilet is a two-piece toilet that offers features that save you water and money. This toilet also has a variety of choices when it comes to style and comfort. It comes in three colors: white, linen, and bone. You can also choose between normal height and right height. The normal height is the standard toilet bowl height, while the “right height” is the taller version that makes for more natural sitting and standing. Besides that, you can also choose between an elongated bowl and a round front bowl. It’s nice to have options, and American Standard understands that.
American Standard H2Option Siphonic
- Why we like it: The water efficient dual flush uses siphonic action technology to eliminate more bulk without the use of extra water.
This American Standard model is one of the best low flow toilets on the market because of the pure water-saving functions it provides. Instead of having a 1.6-gallon per flush system, it has a dual flush system that allows you to choose between two functions. Other toilets keep the 1.6-gallon flush as an option, but American Standard lowered it even further to save you more water and money. The full flush option flushes at 1.28-gallons per flush, and the partial flush option flushes at 0.92-gallons per flush. This is extremely important, and not many other toilet models offer a flow this low.
With high efficiency and low consumption, this toilet is WaterSense certified. Sometimes with low consumption comes diminished flushing capabilities. However, that’s not the case with this American Standard. The siphon jet bowl technology and power wash rim make for a powerful flush. The EverClean surface and fully glazed 2-inch trap way also allow waste to flush easily, preventing clogs and leaving little to no residue after one flush.
Besides the fantastic efficiency, this toilet has a sleek design as well. The dual flush system uses two chrome-plated top-mounted push-button actuators. There is no need to pull a trip lever as American Standard has truly made it push-button simple.
Toilet considerations to think about
Here are a few considerations to think about when looking for your next toilet:
● Efficiency - The efficiency of water use and functionality is critical.
● Ease of cleaning - Think about what features a toilet offers that minimizes cleaning.
● Ease of use - What options are present that allow for easier use?
● Comfortability - How does your toilet make it more comfortable to use?
● Sleek design - Think about how your toilet will fit in your bathroom.
Make sure you think about all the considerations and make a list of which features are most important to you.
Water savings with options
What makes this toilet an excellent choice is the number of options you have while still saving water no matter which options you choose.
You can choose color, bowl style, and height. Whether you have an elongated bowl or a round front bowl, you still get the same water savings. Whether you opt for normal height or right height, you also get the same water savings. The choice between full flushing and partial flushing with the dual flush system is critical when it comes to water-saving toilets. The fact that American Standard has lowered the gallons-per-flush to 0.92/1.28 shows that they are considerate of the world as well as their customers.
● Two-piece toilet - The toilet is a two-piece which makes for a more affordable toilet.
● Height options - Choose between normal height and right height.
● Bowl style options - Choose between a round front bowl or an elongated bowl.
● Color choices - Choose between three different colors to match the style of your bathroom.
● Incredible water savings - You will save a lot of money and a lot of water when you use this toilet due to the lowered gallons-per-flush this toilet provides.
● Easy cleaning - With features like an EverClean surface, fully glazed trap way, and PowerWash rim, cleaning is a breeze.
● Seat not included - This can be a good thing for those that wanted to buy their seat separately anyway but understand that the seat doesn’t come with the toilet.
Water-saving toilets are already efficient, but American Standard increased the standards for water savings with this model. The low flow dual flush system is incredible, and the number of options and choices you have makes getting this toilet a simple choice. If you want efficiency combined with money savings and lots of options, the American Standard H2Option is a perfect choice.